Saturday, September 24, 2016

My God, my Abba-Father,
I come before you in sorrow and repentance, and yet in the joy of the certainty of Your love and forgiveness.  You have blessed me so richly, given me so much, and most gracious of all, You have covered me with the righteousness of Your blameless Son, my Messiah, Jesus!  I should be eternally grateful just for that, for that is ALL.  And yet You have given me so much more, so far beyond anything I deserve.  How can I ever be bitter, or sad, or feel alone?  With You, I have ALL.  You are my ALL.  Thank You and praise You for Your never-ending mercy, and for the unfailing comfort of Your Holy Spirit.  Thank You for teaching me and training my heart and mind to depend solely on You for my physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being.  Thank You for Your mercies, which are truly new each morning.  Please, forgive my lack of faith.  I pray that You would fill my heart with Your Spirit and continue to mold me and shape me more and more into Your image.  You know how frail and feeble I am.  Please, keep working on me, keep bringing me back when I am so foolish as to turn away from You.  You have always provided for our needs; we have always had shelter, clothing, food, and water, and You have so graciously surrounded me with family!!  We have never lacked for anything, because of Your great mercy.  I thank You and I praise You, Lord God, for being our ALL.  May Your praises ring from one end of the earth to the other, may every nation know You and serve You, and may You forgive the sins of this great nation You have so richly blessed, and turn us back to You.  Thank You for Your Word, and the great promises it contains for us, Your people.  I praise You, my God, that I can come into Your Holy Presence through Jesus, Your Son, in Whose Name I pray, Amen.

1 comment: